Foods That Are Known to Stop and Reverse Cancer
The most important change you can make to your lifestyle when you have been diagnosed with cancer is with the food you put in your mouth. Cancer has many causes but the main one is the wrong food we eat everyday. "We are what we eat" and the food we eat on a daily bases does matter.
It's only been in the last few years there has been any research into food and how it is related to cancer. What has been discovered are many of our natural foods which are fruit and vegetables contain compounds; collectively called phytochemicals which are in these plants for their protection against predators and diseases and these same phytochemicals also have cancer fighting properties.
A few examples of these phytochemicals are;
- Flavonoids; found in red cage, beetroot, red onion and tomatoes, which inhibits cancer.
- Glucosinolates; found in carrots, tomatoes, red capsicum and dark green vegetables, which were found to prevent cancer of the intestines.
- Carotenoids; found in carrots, tomatoes, red capsicum and dark green vegetables; stimulates the immune system.
- Sulphides; found in onions, garlic, chives as well as spring onions; they have anti cancer protection.
- Lycopene; found in tomatoes, reduces the risk of both prostate and breast cancer.
- Sulforaphane; are in broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables believed to aid in the prevention of some types of cancer.
These phytochemicals are in freshly grown plant food but are destroyed or removed by modern processing.
Other food items that research has found to be beneficial to a person with cancer are;
- Red grapes; which contain resveratrol, also found in red wine.
- Turmeric; a member of the ginger family. Its active ingredients are curcumin and possesses numerous anti cancer properties. This is the yellow in curry powder.
- Garlic; contains allium and several studies has shown it to be an anti cancer agent.
- Ginger; has an anti cancer effect on the human body as it blocks the tension of some carcinogens to cause mutations in the DNA.
- Green tea; has a significant anti cancer effect.
- Laetrile; also called vitamin B17 and is found in the following; millet, buckwheat, macadamia nuts, mung beans, butter beans, and the seeds of the common fruit, which is pip and stone fruit.
As you can see we have moved away from eating foods such as these to convenient foods or processed foods and when something is processed it looses its cancer fighting properties. Cancer cells are really only a symptom of a poor diet and to cure your cancer you must change your diet. Is not that common sense?
Information of this nature is not known by your health professional because they are only taught their 3 methods of treating cancer which are a money orientated system of treatments.
The most powerful weapon against cancer is the food you choose to eat everyday and a strict natural diet will accomplish what no doctor, surgeon or oncologist could ever hope to achieve.